Did you ever stop to think how conditioned we’ve all become to share one highly personal piece of information without blinking an eye?
Yes, we’re talking about our Mobile Phone Numbers.
We punch in those digits without a moment’s hesitation whenever we’re setting up accounts on websites and apps, verifying our identity, and even signing up for newsletters and whatnot. We hand out our phone numbers pretty much every day – and we’re perfectly okay with that.
Now, here’s the question that we’d like you to ask yourself the next time that you’re about to share your phone number:
Is it worth the risk?
As you’re about to see, if you’re not careful about handing out your real mobile phone number, quite a few things can go wrong. No, seriously, unwanted marketing-related texts will be the least of your worries. It seems every week you hear about another company getting hacked and personal information is leaked.
That’s why it’s so vital to educate others about alternative solutions, one of which is getting an online disposable phone number.
What is a Disposable Phone Number & How Does It Work?
You ever sign up for an account online and get asked to input your personal mobile phone number? For example:
But here’s the thing:
What if I didn’t want to input my own personal phone number?
This is what a disposable phone number can help you with.
A disposable phone number allows you to receive SMS verification codes so you can continue with your account registration.
There are TWO types of disposable phone numbers:
- Virtual Phone Numbers (VoIP) – There is unlimited supply of these type of phone numbers. These are cheap, but inferior and most often won’t work because they are easy to detect. Many websites and apps will flat out reject virtual phone numbers, or you will never receive the SMS verification code when you input a virtual phone number. Not Recommended and not available here.
- SIM-Card Mobile Phone Numbers – There is a limited supply because each disposable phone number is attached to an actual sim-card. These are real mobile phone numbers and these phone numbers will work on any website or app. This is because these are real mobile phone numbers. These are more expensive since they are limited, but they work the best. BEST Method
Once you obtain a disposable phone number, you typically have about 5 to 10 minutes to use it.
During the 5 to 10 minutes, you would basically register for your account on whatever website or app you plan to use the disposable phone number for. You would input the disposable phone number, instead of your own phone number when registering on the website or app. The website / app will send the SMS Verification code to the disposable phone number. You will then be able to view the SMS verification code on the MobileSMS.io dashboard. You can then continue with the registration of your account. Done!
Here’s what makes our disposable online phone numbers different – and better – than the rest:
1. We Keep Our Disposable Phone Numbers Real & Private
What MobileSMS.io offers you, instead, is a database of real and private phone numbers – and if that’s not an instant advantage, we don’t know what is.
- All the disposable phone numbers in our database are sourced from real SIM-cards. As such, the phone numbers that you get from us are the same ones that you’d get if you were to buy a mobile phone.
- We like to keep things private – our disposable phone numbers included. When you request a phone number here at MobileSMS.io, it’s yours – and we don’t intend to share it with others.
2. You’re Not Limited To US-Based Numbers
Okay, this might sound like we’re bragging, but we’re proud to announce that the MobileSMS database includes phone numbers from all around the globe – and not just the USA.
Wherever you are in the world – and whatever website you’re interested in using – we have you covered!
3. We’re All About Online Privacy
MobileSMS.io was created with the idea of helping others protect their privacy online – and it’s been something that we worked hard on achieving ever since. We wanted to give you a way to control what information you do – or don’t – share online, which, in turn, would up your cyber-security a notch.
That’s where our disposable phone numbers come in:
By not handing out your primary phone number, the chances of you falling victim to hacking, spamming, and a whole other host of cybercrimes.
Even more so, we keep everything within your dashboard private, too – any text message or verification code you receive through one of our disposable numbers is strictly yours. No other user can view or access them.
4. Virtually Limitless Number Of Applications & Uses
There are numerous reasons why you might be considering getting an online phone number.
Perhaps you want to add another layer of cyber-security, or you’re thinking of giving online dating a shot. Or, maybe you’re trying to bypass the one-account-per-person limit on specific apps and websites.
Whatever the case, we have you covered:
Since our disposable phone numbers come from real SIM-cards, they can be used in a virtually limitless number of applications, without the risk of being detected as “disposable.” Plus, they’re private, which means that you won’t have any other accounts associated with it.
5. Our Customer Support Is Here For You
What’s the point of offering a fantastic service if no one except the few tech-savvy users can figure out how to use it, right? We thought so, too, which is why we made a conscious effort to make our service as straightforward and easy-to-use as possible:
- Create an account on our website. It shouldn’t take more than a minute!
- Log into your account and choose your country. Also, state what service you’ll be using the disposable phone number for before you move on to the next step.
- Request your disposable phone number.
- Once you get the number, you can use it on the previously selected app or website within a ten-minute time frame.
- You’ll find the relevant text messages and verification codes sent to that number on your MobileSMS dashboard.
It’s as simple as that – but if you do encounter any hiccups, our customer support will be happy to help. Unlike free services, which very rarely offer any form of customer support – let alone good one – we strive to keep our clients happy and satisfied. We care.
One More Thing Before You Go
There’s not a whole lot that you can do to control the online world as a whole or the way things work around there – but you can certainly do something about your privacy.
If anything, we hope that this post encouraged you to think twice before handing out your real phone number. The next time you’re about to do it, ask yourself what the benefits are – and then see if they outweigh the potential costs.
Those digits, as harmless as they seem at first glance, give others access to much more sensitive areas of your life – both online and offline. And in the age of spamming, identity theft, hacking, and other cyber crimes, it’s worth thinking twice before you share any piece of personal information anywhere, let alone online. If you want to play it smart, consider getting an online phone number and giving MobileSMS.io a try. We make your online privacy our top priority!