You’ve come here because you value your privacy and know how closely intertwined your mobile phone number and your identity is. Your mobile phone number is basically your identification in the online world.
That’s why it’s so vital to educate others about alternative solutions, one of which is getting an online disposable phone number.
What is a Disposable Phone Number & How Does It Work?
Have you ever sign up for an account online and get asked to input your personal mobile phone number?
Does this picture look familiar?
What if you didn’t want to input my own personal phone number?
This is what a disposable phone number can help you with.
A disposable phone number allows you to receive SMS verification codes online so you can sign up for accounts online without using your own phone number.
Once you obtain a disposable phone number, you typically have about 5 to 10 minutes to use it.
During the 5 to 10 minutes, you would register for your account on whatever website or app you plan to use the disposable phone number for.
Once the SMS Verification Code is sent to the disposable phone number, the code will be displayed in MobileSMS.io dashboard for you to see.
Reasons to Use a Disposable Number
1. Our Disposable Phone Numbers are Real Mobile Phones and Private
What MobileSMS.io offers you is a collection of real and private mobile phone numbers – and if that’s not an instant advantage, we don’t know what is.
- All the disposable phone numbers in our database are sourced from real SIM-cards. As such, the phone numbers that you get from us are the same ones that you’d get if you were to buy a mobile phone.
- We like to keep things private – our disposable phone numbers included. When you request a phone number here at MobileSMS.io, it’s yours – and we don’t intend to share it with others.
2. You can Pick Phone Numbers from Many Countries
Okay, this might sound like we’re bragging, but we’re proud to announce that we have SIMs from around the world. Phone numbers from all around the globe – and not just the USA.
Wherever you are in the world – and whatever website you’re interested in using – we have you covered!
3. Additional Layer of Online Privacy
MobileSMS.io was created with the idea of helping others protect their privacy online – and it’s been something that we worked hard on achieving ever since. We wanted to give you a way to control what information you do – or don’t – share online, which, in turn, would up your cyber-security a notch.
That’s where our disposable phone numbers come in:
By not handing out your primary phone number, the chances of you falling victim to hacking, spamming, and a whole other host of cybercrimes.
Even more so, we keep everything within your dashboard private, too – any text message or verification code you receive through one of our disposable numbers is strictly yours. No other user can view or access them.
4. Virtually Limitless Number Of Applications & Uses
There are numerous reasons why you might be considering getting an online phone number.
Perhaps you want to add another layer of cyber-security, or you’re thinking of giving online dating a shot. Or, maybe you’re trying to bypass the one-account-per-person limit on specific apps and websites.
Whatever the case, we have you covered:
Since our disposable phone numbers come from real SIM-cards, they can be used in a virtually limitless number of applications, without the risk of being detected as “disposable.” Plus, they’re private, which means that you won’t have any other accounts associated with it.
5. It’s Really Not that Hard!
What’s the point of offering a fantastic service if no one except the few tech-savvy users can figure out how to use it, right? We thought so, too, which is why we made a conscious effort to make our service as straightforward and easy-to-use as possible:
- Create an account on our website. It shouldn’t take more than a minute!
- Log into your account and choose your country. Also, state what service you’ll be using the disposable phone number for before you move on to the next step.
- Request your disposable phone number.
- Once you get the number, you can use it on the previously selected app or website within a ten-minute time frame.
- You’ll find the relevant text messages and verification codes sent to that number on your MobileSMS dashboard.
It’s as simple as that – but if you do encounter any hiccups, our customer support will be happy to help. Unlike free services, which very rarely offer any form of customer support – let alone good one – we strive to keep our clients happy and satisfied. We care.
A Note About Online Privacy
There’s not a whole lot that you can do to control the online world as a whole or the way things work around there – but you can certainly do something about your privacy.
If anything, we hope that this post encouraged you to think twice before handing out your real phone number. The next time you’re about to do it, ask yourself what the benefits are – and then see if they outweigh the potential costs.
Those digits, as harmless as they seem at first glance, give others access to much more sensitive areas of your life – both online and offline. And in the age of spamming, identity theft, hacking, and other cyber crimes, it’s worth thinking twice before you share any piece of personal information anywhere, let alone online. If you want to play it smart, consider getting an online phone number and giving MobileSMS.io a try. We make your online privacy our top priority!