Table of Contents
- How to Register an Account on Mega?
- How to Create a Mega Account without a Phone Number?
- How Does MobileSMS.io Work?
A whopping 65.28% of people save their primary data on personal cloud storage. Mega is one of these storage solutions popular among consumers today. The only problem is that sometimes people prefer not to give out their personal information to the platform. So, how to create a Mega account without a phone number?
In this article, we’ll let you know how you can do this. We’ll also guide you through Mega’s signup process.
How to Register an Account on Mega?
Before learning how to create a Mega account without a phone number, let’s understand the Mega signup process. The signup process is fairly easy and can be done on most devices. This includes web browsers and the Mega app on your desktop, android, or iOS device.
To make a Mega account, you’re required to enter your full name, email, and password. To verify, an activation link will be sent to your email. By clicking on the activation link, you’ll be able to successfully create an account. If you want to keep yourself anonymous on Mega, we recommend using a Gmail account linked to a MobileSMS burner number. This way, the account cannot be traced back to you in any way.
How to Create a Mega Account without a Phone Number?
Mega does not require you to share your personal phone number to make an account. As mentioned above, the verification is done through an email. That being said, Mega, by default, provides each user with 20GB of storage space for their files. This storage can be extended by 5GB if you link your phone number.
But giving out your phone number online is not always the smartest move. That’s why we recommend using a MobileSMS.io burner phone number to get the extra storage. Do note that this disposable phone number cannot be used to make calls or send texts. It’ll only serve as a number you can safely link to your Mega account.
How Does MobileSMS.io Work?
By now, you know how to create a Mega account without a phone number and only with your email. Here’s how to link a MobileSMS.io burner number to your account to get an extra 5GB of space.
- Go to Mega and choose to link your phone number to your account.
- When you’re asked to enter your phone number, open MobileSMS.io. You’ll be asked to select a country for the phone number you want to generate. You can choose any, but selecting the U.S. is usually easier.
- Next, you’ll have to select the platform for which you want to use the burner number. In this case, that is Mega.
- Once the disposable phone number is generated, you can input it into Mega. The number will receive a code you can use to verify your phone number on the cloud storage platform.
- After your account is successfully linked to your phone number, you’ll receive the extra storage space. The disposable phone number will expire some minutes later.
So that’s how to bypass Mega personal verification without giving your phone number. You can also use MobileSMS.io to bypass verification for games like Roblox and social media platforms.
Now you know how to create a Mega account without a phone number. You just have to use your email and then link a burner phone number to get extra storage space. So you get all the perks without having to give out your personal details.
To avoid further sharing your personal phone number online, check out more of what MobileSMS.io offers. The software can be used for all kinds of platforms, e.g., email, social media, dating sites, etc.