Table of Contents
With an average of 2.5 million concurrent viewers, Twitch is one of the top streaming outlets today. However, a lot of people prefer not to disclose their real information on the platform. That’s why a common question people have before signing up on Twitch is, “Can you watch Twitch anonymously?”
This article will answer this question and discuss a technique to help you with this problem.
Does Twitch Tell You Who Is Watching?
In short, the answer is no. Twitch does not reveal the viewers’ identity to the streamer they are watching. While streaming, the streamer is only shown the number of viewers on the dashboard and in the chat. Viewer count is provided so they can gauge the audience size watching their stream.
It’s also important to know that when you subscribe to a certain channel, the streamer will receive its notification. But the notification will only reveal your username, which doesn’t have to be your actual name. Similarly, if you engage with the streamer via chat when they are live, your username will also display there.
Can You Watch Twitch Anonymously?
The answer to “can you watch Twitch Anonymously?” is yes. By default, you can watch Twitch streams anonymously without having to make an account at all. The only catch is that you will not be able to interact with the streamer through the chat. But where is the fun in live streaming if you can’t interact with the streamer and other viewers?
That’s why Twitch lets you make an account with a username. This username can be anything and just serves as an alias for interacting on the platform.
Is your Identity Completely Safe Using Twitch?
If you’re just a viewer, your real name will not be revealed to streamers and other viewers. Streamers can further protect their identity by not showing their face and using a voice transformer. That being said, everyone is required to share a personal email or phone number during the Twitch sign-up process. This means your account can be traceable by hackers in unfortunate circumstances.
So, how can you watch Twitch anonymously without giving your phone number? Well, we suggest using a burner phone number software like MobileSMS.io to sign up. This software will generate a disposable phone number that will expire after you are done making an account.
How Does MobileSMS.io Work for Twitch?
Here’s how you can use MobileSMS.io to make an account on Twitch without using your real phone number:
- Go to Twitch and click on Sign Up to create an account.
- Enter your username, password, and birthdate. The username can be anything you want, and the birthdate doesn’t have to be accurate either. They just need it to confirm you are eligible to use the platform. The minimum age limit required for Twitch is 13 years old.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter your phone number or email. For this, open MobileSMS.io and select the country of the phone number you require. Also, select the platform for which you want to use the burner phone number. In this case, it is Twitch.
- After the phone number is generated, enter it into the Twitch sign-up form. You’ll receive a code on the burner number that you can use for verification.
- After the verification is complete, you’ll have completed the registration process. The phone number will expire soon after.
You can also use a fake email instead of a burner phone number. But email sign-ups also require phone number verification. So, you can also use MobileSMS.io to make a Gmail account. Other than that, it can also be used for social media platforms like Instagram.
Knowing the answer to “Can you watch Twitch Anonymously?” is yes, you can finally join the fun. Just visit MobileSMS.io today and make a Twitch account without revealing your personal phone number. Our trusted disposable phone numbers have helped clients protect their information on several platforms.